Wednesday, June 16, 2010

These words stuck in my heart tonight...

Ecclesiastes 5

Approaching God with Care
1 As you enter the house of God, keep your ears open and your mouth shut. It is evil to make mindless offerings to God. 2 Don’t make rash promises, and don’t be hasty in bringing matters before God. After all, God is in heaven, and you are here on earth. So let your words be few.

3 Too much activity gives you restless dreams; too many words make you a fool.

4 When you make a promise to God, don’t delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools. Keep all the promises you make to him. 5 It is better to say nothing than to make a promise and not keep it. 6 Don’t let your mouth make you sin. And don’t defend yourself by telling the Temple messenger that the promise you made was a mistake. That would make God angry, and he might wipe out everything you have achieved.

7 Talk is cheap, like daydreams and other useless activities. Fear God instead.

1 comment:

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

As I was driving home tonight from church, I was thinking of you. Thinking of how you are one of those people in my life that I love to share with. Thinking of how wonderful you are and I have never even hugged you. You have got to be a pretty miraculous creation of our Father. Do you see that too? You are in my prayers tonight.
Cherie

We've Moved...

My blog, that is...You can find me over here ---> https://joyfulcontentment.wordpress.com/ I'm still working on getting things set...